Thursday, October 14, 2010

First ruminations

I'm an "old guy" (Will Smith, "Men in Black") and not particularly techie, so it has taken me a long time to create this basic, easy-to-do template blog, but I'm motivated to persist!  The reason I'm so motivated?  I want to say a few things before our next election in November.  Time is running out while Life makes it's ongoing demands, but finally I think I've gotten the process down enough to say a couple of things, as follows:

#1.  Meg Whitman, please don't presume to speak for all women, or even all women in California when you say that Jerry Brown's campaign camp has created a major offense by an off-the-record, unfortuante expletive.  I don't like the word either, and never use it, but come on:  We're big girls now and you play the game of big money and cutthroat tactics pretty darn well in the world of business and politics. So now all of a sudden you are the damsel in distress over hearing an unfortunate heated response to one of your political stategies.  Jerry Brown apologized and acknowledged that it shouldn't have happend.   End of story.  Again, please don't include me in your pseudo dismay.  If the event offends your senses, try volunteering a few hours at a rape center or a women's shelter  to find our what really hurts women.  As a California woman, (older than you), I find your tactic of trying to use this silly event to your political advantage as very offensive indeed.
#2.  So why didn't you provide access to legal advice for your beloved long-term housekeeper before you broke your heart and fired her?

So ends my first blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment